GIFT GIVING IN EGYPT*
- Gift Giving Etiquette
BUSINESS GIFT GIVING /
PERSONAL GIFT GIVING
Selecting and presenting an appropriate
- Make sure you give or receive gifts
with the right hand, not with the left. Using both hands, however, is
- If you are invited to an Egyptian home,
baked goods or chocolates are good gift selections.
- Flowers were traditionally used at
funerals and weddings and should be given only to very Westernized
- Sometimes an exquisitely made compass
can be a good gift. A compass enables a devout Muslim to always know where
Mecca is--even when traveling.
- Small electronic gadgets are also
*Egypt Business Etiquette - Gift Giving.
Executive Planet. 30 July 2004
Above: The flag of